STANCE of a MUSLIMAH

Our Lord! You truly know all that we may hide in our hearts as well as all that we bring into the open, for nothing whatsoever, be it on earth or in heaven, remains hidden from Allah. {Quran, 14:38}

1/30/2006

Madinah

Madinah: A place where one's heart is content. The home of some of the best people ever created. It's not a place of material beauty, it is a place of spiritual beauty, simplicity and ironically much more than that too. I start this blog with a picture of Madinah beause it takes me back almost 4 years ago when Allah willed for me to be in the sacred land. Praises belong to Him alone. Although some details of being there are shady, there is a certain something that was imbedded in me there, a love for a place that my leader Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him) walked where he would play with children like those of my own. A place where women would seek knowledge like Ayesha (may Allah be pleased with her) who would ask question upon question. I always think that maybe Allah didn't grant her any of her own children is so she would have the extraordinary memory that she had! MashaAllah (what Allah wills happens). Then I think of Umar Ibn Khataab (may Allah be pleased with him too), he was a man of courage, strength, and assertiveness. At the same time he was void of arrogance and would ask Allah that he die in the land of Madinah. So much rich history that I would love to learn more about, this is the city of the Prophet (pbuh), the city of all Muslims now too. Simplicity in Islam is key, just a reminder to myself more than anyone else. Madinah, its the place to be in this life, and its the place I pray to be buried in, then raised up from on Judgement Day. Allah knows best.

1 Comments:

At January 31, 2006, Anonymous Um Ibrahim said...

Assalamu Alaikum,

Welcome to the Blog world! This is a beautiful post that brings back beautiful memories and reminds us of the character of the first Muslims. May Allah help us live up to their examples inshaAllah.

 

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home

Search in the Quran
Search:
Download | Free Code
www.SearchTruth.com
Locations of visitors to this page