STANCE of a MUSLIMAH

Our Lord! You truly know all that we may hide in our hearts as well as all that we bring into the open, for nothing whatsoever, be it on earth or in heaven, remains hidden from Allah. {Quran, 14:38}

2/12/2006

Backwards

The most influential man, the best character, a leader with strength, but most humbled was he. Al-Amin, the Trustworthy.
Do you not see that many things in this life are just simply backwards? Abortion is a woman's right to kill a baby yet the death sentence is considered uncivilized. Modesty is a no longer understandable concept come Spring, yet homosexuality is publicly celebrated. Loving parents is unquestionable, but throwing them in a far away nursing home is understandable. Being religious is an honor in people's eyes, especially if one is deemed "recognized".
People are just so messed up, for the most part anyway. Priorities are not in check. I remember way back in high school, you know, the crazy place in the middle of chaos, well there was this questionnaire. I don't even remember for what class it was. Anyways, it asked us to rate what was most important to us. Back then, although I was not wearing hijab nor had 1/2 as much knowledge of Islam, I rated religion being #1. I am not sure why I did it, because looking back then, I hadn't really practiced Islam for my inner self as much as I did for just the sake of doing it. Make sense? My freshman year in college is when I really woke up. I lived on campus and knew that I would not fit in. Being protected from my parents, not allowing me to sleep over friends houses, and not being crazy about me hanging out at McDonald's friday nights after those high school football games..finally all made sense to me..in college. I finally began to appreciate my parents refusing to let me do this or that while growing up.
It was then my heart started to obsorb the true meaning of Islam. Submit. Submitting my backwards will to God. The more I learned about it for myself, rather than relying on the Sunday school teachings, or what my dear parents have taught me, the more I wanted to know. I began a journey back then that has not stopped, Praise God. I am not a convert, revert, or whatever you'd like to call it. I was brought up in a Muslim home and most of my ways are picked up from my parents. May God reward them. But having said that, I can not deny that there was still a turning point, this is when my Muslim persona really began to emerge. I Praise God for introducing me to Prophet Muhammad (peace & blessings be upon him)
There is no way, I can be a who I am today without the most important figure in my life. My parents have always taught me to stick up for myself. My husband provides much knowledge and support to my Islamic being.
More than the loves of my life, it is Prophet Muhammad (peace and blessings be upon him) who inspires me, encourages me, and nourishes me with his humble, generous, and noble character. He had dynamic responsibilities, yet he lived the most simple life. As an educator, he never made people feel small, unwanted, or insignificant. Growing up as an orphan instilled a love for needy children and was an extra support to the elderly. In his own home, Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him) was one who's life was about simplicity and contentment. Despite his position as leader, the Prophet Muhammad never behaved as if he was greater or better than other people. He was a man of dignity and honor, but only to please his Creator. Prophet Muhammad (peace and blessings be upon him) is one which Muslims aim to emulate in every action. You want to know what true Islam is, then you need to know who this man was, and who is in the hearts of over a billion Muslims.
Corruption of this society, of this world will go on, backwards thinking will continue, and yet the true teaching of God through Prophet Muhammad (peace & blessings be upon him) will continue to guide Muslims, and anyone who seeks Truth.
It is He Who has sent down the Book (the Qur'ân) to you (Muhammad SAW) with truth, confirming what came before it. And he sent down the Taurât (Torah) and the Injeel (Gospel).
{3:3, Noble Quran}

4 Comments:

At February 13, 2006, Blogger Edward Ott said...

Great article on The Prophet Muhammed(PBUH). keep up the posting.

 
At February 13, 2006, Blogger SUHAA said...

May God reward you edward and make make Muslims better servants of Him with sincere intentions.

 
At February 14, 2006, Blogger Um Ibrahim said...

Yes, things are definately messed up in this world. but i see a small wave that is growing, it is giving me hope... inshaAllah.

 
At February 14, 2006, Blogger SUHAA said...

Um Ibrahim
i hope you are right about that wave, actually i kind of see it, but its something i have to look for.

 

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home

Search in the Quran
Search:
Download | Free Code
www.SearchTruth.com
Locations of visitors to this page