STANCE of a MUSLIMAH

Our Lord! You truly know all that we may hide in our hearts as well as all that we bring into the open, for nothing whatsoever, be it on earth or in heaven, remains hidden from Allah. {Quran, 14:38}

2/08/2006

Hijab vs. Anarachy


Everytime I get into the car I love to listen to this song. It's by Dawud Wharnsby Ali. Hijab is much more than just covering up hair and putting up with the heat in the summer. It keeps me and Muslim women grounded to truth and builds confidence in my heart that people should see me for who I really am. People are always talking and saying things that "its what's on the inside that counts". Well, for me and other Muslim women wearing hijab, we are examples of professing that ideology they speak of. The concept of "larger than life", materials: well that is what I aim to shy away from. Simplicity is a Muslim's ongoing goal, only then will contentment in one's heart be reached, that is the true definition of being rich. Muslim women, we are from everywhere on the globe. Next time you see her, you know, instead of asking her where she is from, ask her what you really want to know, "Why do you cover?" Chances are you'll get the same answer: "Because God told me to...as a form of protection from ill people, and as a form of protection to remind myself of my purpose of this life."
----------
The Veil:
They say, “Oh poor girl you are so beautiful you know it’s a shame that you cover up your beauty so.�She just smiles and graciously responds reassuringly,“This beauty that I have is just a simple part of me; this body that I have, no stranger has a right to see. These long clothes and shawl I wear ensure my modesty. Faith is more essential than fashion, wouldn’t you agree?� This hijab, this mark of piety,is an act of faith, a symbol, for all the world to see.A simple cloth, to preserve her dignity. So lift the veil from your heart to see the heart of purity.
They tell her, “Girl don’t you know this is the west and you are free? You don’t need to be oppressed, ashamed of your femininity.� She just shakes her head and she speaks so assuredly, “See the billboards and the magazines those lines the check-out isles, with their phony painted faces and their air-brushed smiles? Well their sheer clothes, and low cut gowns, they are really not for me. You call it freedom, but I call it ANARCHY.�
This hijab, this mark of piety, is an act of faith, a symbol, for all the world to see. A simple cloth, to protect her dignity.So lift the veil from your heart to see the heart of purity.
Lift the veil from your heart to see the heart of purity.

1 Comments:

At February 10, 2006, Blogger Um Ibrahim said...

Yes! i have that tape and i like this song too. I also got the new Sami Yusuf CD and it has a song on Hijab 'I'm Truly Free' that is very beautiful as well.

 

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home

Search in the Quran
Search:
Download | Free Code
www.SearchTruth.com
Locations of visitors to this page