STANCE of a MUSLIMAH

Our Lord! You truly know all that we may hide in our hearts as well as all that we bring into the open, for nothing whatsoever, be it on earth or in heaven, remains hidden from Allah. {Quran, 14:38}

5/23/2006

By Chance?


" On the Day when those who disbelieve (in the Oneness of Allah Islamic Monotheism) will be exposed to the Fire (it will be said): "You received your good things in the life of the world, and you took your pleasure therein. Now this Day you shall be recompensed with a torment of humiliation, because you were arrogant in the land without a right, and because you used to rebel and disobey(Allah)."
{Quran, 46:20}

What is it exactly that makes us hold onto "chances?". What does it even mean? We all say it "Chances are this.." or "Odds are that.." But Allah is the Best of Planners, and it is His Wisdom that determines what happens, how it happens, where it happens, who it happens to, and why it happens. Every detail of life is His Will.


Last night my husband and I were talking about reliance on Allah to decide, and His Hearing of all supplications (in Arabic, duaa) made to Allah Alone (and even by polytheists, or others who claim the neccesity to have a 'middle-man' for that matter). Where-ever we are He is there, knowing the depths of our souls, even without a fraction movement of the lips. He is All-Aware.

We all make duaa (don't we?), asking God to guide us in this life and bless us with the best in the Hereafter, or at least most of us maybe, I would say that those who are not Muslim who believe in One Eternal God would ask for this too. Here's my question though, I have thought of. "Why is it He Chooses to answer them at times and refuse at other times?" Well, I've got an answer too. It's because for the Strong Believer, (a Mu'min) he/she knows that Allah Knows what is best for a person, that the person's mind is limited, and even though those who are strong in faith might ask Allah for something that harms the that faithful servant rather than aids him/her reaching Allah's Reward, here or in our afterLife. As far as someone who doesn't believe or even care to seek Allah's Help, then Allah wouldn't have a reason to answer supplication. Although because He is the Most Kind, Most Patient, Most Merciful, He answers their calls, and demonstrates Mercy on them so they may take heed and reflect.

In return of Allah answering our supplications, what do we do? We rejoice for having an answered prayer, then we forget how that happened in the first place, and end up taking credit for something we feel we've earned ourselves, rather than being grateful, ending with a feeling of self-sufficiency which leads to AROGANCE. SubhanAllah/ All Glory belongs to Allah. We are so stupid and idiotic. Everyone needs to find the Truth in their souls, and if they find it, they have to be courageous enough to claim it.

Allah says: {Quran, 10:21}

"And when We let mankind taste of mercy after some adversity has afflicted them, behold! They take to plotting against Our Ayat (proofs, evidences, verses, lessons, signs, revelations, etc.)! Say: "Allah is more Swift in planning!" Certainly, Our Messengers (angels) record all of that which you plot."

So back to the "chances" thingy. There are no such things as chances or coincidences. If you hold something up in the air and let it go, it's going to fall. This is a law of gravity, of physics, is one created by ALLAH, not by you or by me. If one studies hard, they get good grades, again..a principle set by ALLAH. If one "accidently" gets into a car "accident", this is also a scenario that was planned while that driver was still in the womb of his/her mother. Oh, and isn't this why we are told to say "God-Willing"? I plan, you plan, but Allah is the Best of all Planners. Allah is surely the Greatest.

"And never say of anything, "I shall do such and such thing tomorrow." Except (with the saying), "If Allah will!" And remember your Lord when you forget and say: "It may be that my Lord guides me unto a nearer way of truth than this."" {Quran, 18:23-24}

Allah gives us the will to decide between faith and disbelief, wrong and right actions. It is relative to the situation we are presented with. Tomorrow I could die, today even. But will I choose within the next hours of my life to be grateful for all that was given to me or be proud of my accomplishments? Allah Knows what I will do and with the freedom He has given me, therefore it is already written, my future. But because I don't have a clue what my future is, and you don't either, we have to assume that we will do our best. This is the hope Allah has given us until the moment of death.

Let's pray that we are of the grateful ones and not those who are arrogant enough to deny the blessings of Allah. Learn more about destiny, free will, and all tht good stuff by clicking on the title of this post.

12 Comments:

At May 27, 2006, Anonymous misfit said...

True enough. Well said Suhaa.

Sheesh, I've got much to say.. but nothing's coming out.

I love this entry.

Ps: Mind if I email you?

 
At May 28, 2006, Blogger SUHAA said...

may Allah reward you :-) . please feel free to email me. my email address is already in m profile section..

 
At May 28, 2006, Blogger Muslim Mama said...

MAsha Allah...thought-provoking as usual!

 
At May 29, 2006, Anonymous Mona Um Ibrahim said...

I love that last ayah Suhaa. If i wasn't able to do something tomorrow that i had wanted to do - or i had forgotten- then that is a sign that Allah is guiding me to something better. subhanAllah there is so much wisdom in the Qur'an. I wish i could commit myself to read it more often. Jazaki Allahu khair for your efforts.

 
At May 29, 2006, Blogger SUHAA said...

i am trying to commit myself more to Quran too, yesterday i sneaked in a few verses while putting 'piety' to sleep.. & i love that ayah(verse) too..

may Allah reward u too :-)

 
At June 02, 2006, Blogger Muslim said...

jazakallah

 
At June 05, 2006, Blogger B said...

alhamdulilah you have put it in a simple manner to understand while most people would make it so complicated.

true, we all must remember to do our best, while knowing Allah is the Best of Planners. And also remember the same thing during our worries, coz that is when we forget it most and shun our TRUST in Allah.

 
At June 05, 2006, Blogger SUHAA said...

may Allah reward all of you for your feedback. sometimes i don't know if what i write gets confusing for others, alhamdulilah you read my words and not hear me speak..because i am not as clear relating things by mouth :-)
may Allah guide everyone one of us.

 
At June 05, 2006, Anonymous Um Ibrahim said...

Suhaa, love that picture of the Muslimah in green abaya and hijab :) So cool!

 
At June 05, 2006, Blogger SUHAA said...

yeah, mashaAllah, it links to another sister's page i enjoy visiting.. so i can't take credit for that pic, but i like it too :-)

 
At June 08, 2006, Blogger Taskeen said...

As Salaamu alaikum
SIster I had to leave a comment to tell you how beautifully you write and your facts are all correct.The reason I tell this is because I didnt find many blogs depicting true Islam.Everybody seems to have moulded Islam to their likings(mostly the new converst,no offense).I dont expect you to post this comment but just wanted to encourage you to write more .
Jazakallah

 
At June 09, 2006, Blogger SUHAA said...

wa'alaikum asalaam warahmat Allah Taskeen:
jazakAllah kheir for your comment. my whole intention of this blogging thing is to rectify the distorted image of Islam by using examples of my life and what i experience without it all being about me!! :)

About the comment you made about converts, and if any of you are reading this then know that the more difficult a good deed is for someone to do the more "points" they get with Allah (if done for the right reasons.

People who accept Islam later in life lways amaze me and inspire me to be a better Muslimah myslef, no matter how little knowledge they have. Because they have given up they are accustomed too all for Allah..their lifestyle everything. They are also very blessed people in that all their past sins are forgiven, and their hearts tend to be in the rightplace when completing tasks..for Allah.

So I don't think reverts to Islam should be insulted by your comment, in fact they should ..we should..look at as an excellent thing that they try to relate everything in life to Islam as every Muslim should do.

On a side note, it is every Muslim's resposnibility to help each other understand and implement this great way of life and people should not get defensive if we see, hear, or read that someone is doing something yet claiming it to be islamic when in fact it might not be.

most of my close relationships with Muslimah's are those who have embraced Islam, not those who were brought up in a muslim household, and I am grateful to have them as my sisters as they encourage me to be a better Muslimah.

may Allah accept our deeds and reward you for your input!

JazakAllah kheir

 

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home

Search in the Quran
Search:
Download | Free Code
www.SearchTruth.com
Locations of visitors to this page