STANCE of a MUSLIMAH

Our Lord! You truly know all that we may hide in our hearts as well as all that we bring into the open, for nothing whatsoever, be it on earth or in heaven, remains hidden from Allah. {Quran, 14:38}

5/02/2006

Gay Corruption

Living in the only state in USA that legalizes marriage for homosexuals, the ideal state that promotes the so-called rights of gays and lesbians, and the state that is quickly encouraging tolerance in the minds of public school children through lies that this is natural, through lies that there is no harm, and through lies that people who condone this are ignorant is an enormous threat to justice. It was 1997, I had just started wearing hijab (about a year or so) and had moved down to Florida to complete my BSc. in occupational therapy. I also worked in a nursing home down there as a licensed assistant OT. The best thing that Allah did for me was place me with another Muslimah to room with in an apartment my father had bought. Although she was in medical school, and I was in a completely different university, this worked out. It was a hard thing to leave my family, but Allah then appointed me to meet my husband 2 days after I moved down there. I couldn’t help but praise Allah for that.

That 1st year having lived so far away from everything I ever knew prepared me for what I am seeing today. Allah’s will to have me work in South Beach, Miami was a small detailed phase of my life that allowed me to witness what the typical lifestyles of people who lived in the town of Sodom in Palestine, must have been thousands of years ago. Having walked into a facility aimed at nourishing people and caring for them during times of weakness while seeing men flirt with one another and women holding hands in the streets to show their attraction towards each other were repulsive, distasteful, disturbing sights. My rehab director was a gay speech therapist who lived with his partner for 10 plus years, plus 6 other people who openly committed sodomy, with “gay-pride” as they call it. They would always ask me questions of Islam. “Why do I have to cover my hair?” “What do we Muslims believe?” You know, the basics. Some of them didn’t ask, but seemed to like me, for whatever that is worth (and honestly, I could care less- because even if they did like me, I am sure they still thought of me of that weirdo girl ‘who’s got no flavor to work it’!!). I remember sitting beside a resident in the rehab gym as I was having her ride an upper extremity bike for endurance training, when the female rehab aide, the only african-american working in that building, and only a couple years younger than me at the time 18 or 19, starting inquiring about my beliefs as a Muslim. She asked: “Can a person who’s gay be a Muslim?” Maybe it was the other way around. But the point is, I said: “No, Muslim can not be gay, and gays can not be Muslims! It doesn’t work like that!” Let me just add there were “gay” ears all around me, one was sitting right beside me.

So my point in all this is I am seeing more and more around me everywhere I go. I don’t go to too many places, but the places I do go to, like BJ’s (a wholesale store) is filled with people who flaunt this lifestyle. The colors of the rainbow are so beautiful but they have even ruined that beauty. The librarian of my daughter’s public school is part of this community, the indoor play-place we went to last week is a member of this warped inner-society, even the petting zoo we overheard inappropriate conversations regarding their corrupted views. I didn’t think I would have to teach my children about the story of Prophet Lot (peace & blessings be upon him) until they get to be a lot older. But now I am rethinking, it’s actually got to happen much sooner than that. When I read that a man was arrested when trying to dismiss his son so not to be exposed to a storybook celebrating the gay lifestyle not too long ago, and only a few cities away from where I am, it frightened me. As a mom I am worried, but as a Muslimah Mama I pray to Allah to guide my children away from the corruption that they grow up questioning everything and accepting what is true, even if they are the only ones. Call me homophobic, I won’t get offended, say I am discriminating, I’ll say “whatever”. What is wrong is clear, and what is right is clear. I do not need the majority vote to justify what I know as truth in my heart, what is true in Quran.


May Allah guide us all in guiding our children. Please check out the link about who Prophet Lut (Lot) by clicking on the title of this post, and if you have children do not hesitate to educate them, it might be their time to know.

Almighty Allah revealed:
""The people of Lot (those dwelt in the towns of Sodom in Palestine) belied the Messengers when their brother Lot said to them: 'Will you not fear Allah and obey Him? Verily! I am a trustworthy Messenger to you. So fear Allah, keep your duty to Him, and obey me. No reward do I ask of you for it (my Message of Islamic Monotheism), my reward is only from the Lord of the 'Alamin (mankind, jinn and all that exists). Go you in unto the males of the 'Alamin (mankind), and leave those whom Allah has created for you to be your wives? Nay, you are a trespassing people!"

They said: "If you cease not, 0 Lot! Verily, you will be one of those who are driven out!"

He said: "I am, indeed, of those who disapprove with severe anger and fury your (this evil) action (of sodomy). My Lord! Save me and my family from what they do."

So We saved him and his family, all, - except an old woman (his wife) among those who remained behind. ""{Quran 26: 160-171}

6 Comments:

At May 02, 2006, Anonymous misfit said...

Honestly, I've read muslims blogs who are somewhat wayward in speech/writings... I'm at a loss for words, truly. You're just amazing suhaa. Alhamdullillah, I found your blog. This is the first ever muslim blog which is so truthful/honest in it's writings.

Somehow, I find many similarities between us (esp in faith & knowledge of Islam). And if there's one word to describe you... I'd definitely say "Maasha Allah". Grin. Have a nice day. Needless to say, I love your blog and your enlightening posts. Take care.

I'll keep visiting. Insya Allah.

 
At May 03, 2006, Blogger SUHAA said...

asalaam alaikum warahmat Allah,
dear sister misfit..
may Allah reward you for your such kind. ill try to be careful not to let it go to my head! :-) although i am "american" by definition (born & raised here) I am Muslim without a nationality in my heart, I hope that my writings will reflect what Islam is and I can break any sterotypes that many people believe to be true. my content are my experiences but my resources in writing I hope to be are Islam.
i am happy that i know i have at least 1 person always reading my blog..! :-)
jazakAllah kheir sister..
you to, have a great day inshaAllah...

 
At May 04, 2006, Anonymous Mona Um Ibrahim said...

Assalamu Alaikum Suhaa,
wonderful post as always, you're getting courageous might i add. I agree with what misfit said, this blog is like nothing out there, mashaAllah. Other Islamic blogs just put the info cut and dry, which is ok, but it's much more interesting with personal experiences as examples to connect to the reader.

As for homesexuality, it's now being linked to milk and meat of animals given female growth hormones. See this link: http://www.hacres.com/publications/showtip.asp?tipid=273

I would also suggest you put a description of what happened to the people of Lot in the end of the entry.

 
At May 05, 2006, Blogger SUHAA said...

Wa'Alaikum Asalaam Warahmat Allah Um'Ibrahim,
may Allah reward you by your motivating words. Thanks for that link, i'll check it out.
In regards to the history of Prophet Lot and what happened to the people I encourage all readers here to click on the title of this post to learn about how Allah detroyed this corrupted nation.

about being courageous..well im not so straight-forward when i see "them" but i hope they read this too!!!

 
At May 17, 2006, Anonymous bari said...

ASA
Tough subject. As a licensed hairstylist i went to beauty school with many gay people. not very comfortable with the topic, but i have to say that i know at least one very wonderful person who is gay. he doesn't own a dog, drink, smoke, swear or eat pork. i am sad to think that because he is not Muslim and because he is not heterosexual that he might not get the mercy of Allah on judgement day.

i don't know what makes a person gay, but i pray that Allah will guide them to the straight path and forgive them their sins, and will judge each person based on their own merits. it is not for me to judge them.

in fact, there are gay Muslims in this world - what a struggle they must face - i hope you will join me in praying for them, and will have compassion in your heart for their internal jihad, of which we have no knowledge (Alhamdulillah!)
Salaam

 
At May 17, 2006, Blogger SUHAA said...

asalaam alaikum warahmat Allah,

In Islam there is something very important that we, as Muslims, overlook or undermine, its the concept of FITRA. FITRA is the natural desire to do the right thing. What makes someone Gay is that they go against their fitra, they choose to do the wrong thing that they corrupt themselves and ignore the TRUTH. Many Muslims Sin, many Muslims do mistakes..in fact we all do. No one will ever enter Jannah acording to their actions alone, Mercy from Allah must accompany that ticket! BUT, although some ( a very small some) people may claim to be both Muslim & Gay..this is not the reality. They deny the true Islamic Stance on Homosexuality and they deny Allah's Messengers, particulary Prophet Lut (as) and his story.
Everyone can repent and earn Allah's Mercy prior to death.

The "struggle" you mention is not something that should be empathized with so long as he is trasgressing. If he repents then that itself is a different story all together.

you are right, we have no clue on what is in their hearts, but Allah tells us that widespread open corruption is evident amongst these people and the only duaa I can allow myself to make for people who follow this almost always irreversible lifestyle is that Allah guides them away from self-destruction in this donia..and hereafter.

There is no debate about Homosexuality. It is surely a corrupted choice..
please read the article by clicking on the title of this post.

 

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home

Search in the Quran
Search:
Download | Free Code
www.SearchTruth.com
Locations of visitors to this page