STANCE of a MUSLIMAH

Our Lord! You truly know all that we may hide in our hearts as well as all that we bring into the open, for nothing whatsoever, be it on earth or in heaven, remains hidden from Allah. {Quran, 14:38}

7/21/2006

Plan Change!

"If Allah helps you, none can overcome you; and if He forsakes you, who is there after Him that can help you? And in ALLAH Alone let believers put their trust."
{Quran, 3:160}
From time to time within the past 6 months (and usually when the kids are asleep at night, but sometimes after the early dawn prayer) I've written about different things here on this blog in hopes to enlighten people by giving non-Muslims a reality check (quite politely ofcourse) of the true stance is on Islam. There have been few comments here and there positive and negative, and some moderated. Allah Knows what my intention was and is for these writings, He is All-Aware.

For now though, my direction in that little bit of time I have to complete this hobby, is to a bare minimum. There are other duties I have to be more committed too. Reading Quran, learning to read better in Arabic (much better), and learning how to be more patient with my children are just a few. All of these goes along with a major goal ahead of me, to homeschool!

God-willing I plan to homeschool for the first time. My 2nd grader is excited and I hope that Allah will facilitate ease on me and her. For KG and 1st Grade we enrolled her in an Islamic School. They were great at teaching her how to read, using strong a strong curriculum in Math too. The teachers were wonderful, Masha'Allah (what God wills). This academy, such as any place, has things to work on too, with Allahs's Will they could overcome these challenges. May Allah bless and guide the students there.

So our overall decision, which we made with Istikhaara (Prayer in Seeking Guideance), did not come quickly. It took lots of thought, research in its pros and cons (because there is no such thing as an ideal situation in any matter in this life-that only exists in Jannah/Paradise), and trust in Allah to help us choose what is best. Our choice to homeschool Sign is with the desire that it will nourish her personality with more confidence and strength as a growing Muslimah.

I understand that many people claim that homeschooling children limits them socially, and I am not here to fight that claim although I do not agree if an overall plan is set to seek means for interaction with peers. Homeschooling can be something that lasts up until college, but for us we just want to try it out for the next few months! (Insha'Allah). People wonder, and I wonder how this will be done with my 3 year old son around and their baby sister who's 14 months, I wonder too! In a classroom of 25 kids with 1 teacher there are distractions and perhaps on a larger scale. I know that there are at least 2 million homeschoolers out there and most of them are bigger families as well. I am not promising this will be easy on any of us, and I am not saying Sign will respond positively to it either. But I know that Allah will ask me on Judgement Day for the personality make-up of my children and what I did to protect them, encourage them, guide them in best they have potential for, and really know them too.

I believe lots of benefits can come out of both public and private schools for different reasons. I have only heard of what positive things may be fostered out of homeschooling, and for us its worth the shot. Every family is different, every child has different needs (so no, my other daughter Mercy will remain at her oral-deaf school for now, God-willing.) Who knows, maybe they'll go to a public school together next year, another Islamic school, or be homeschooled together, or even no school (may Allah forbid!). The point is none of us have a clue as to what will happen to us and the people we love from one day to the next, its through Allah's Wisdom that anything happens.

We have just finished the math placement test with Calvert Homeschool Curriculum, and have begun the enrollment process with Ad-Duha Institute which is also a homeschool curriculum for Islamic and Arabic studies. You can check out their websites below. Ad-Duha has a collaboration with Calvert so if you wanted you can order everything from Ad-Duha and deal with only them. They do not make a profit, but the benefit is that this may simplify things on the homeschooler by giving one contact(Muslims) instead of 2.

www.ad-duha.org
www.calvertschool.org

About the blogging break, inshaAllah (God-willing) I will try to copy and paste Verses from Quran and Sayings from Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him). This will be easier on your eyes and softer to your heart than just my words of my own, God-willing!

May God guide us all to the Straight Path.
Ameen.



2 Comments:

At July 24, 2006, Anonymous Mona UmIbrahim said...

Assalamu Alaikum Suhaa,
good for you! This is a big step. Are you homeschooling in the summer? Or starting in the fall? And only your oldest and strong believer? What does your oldest say about it?
InshaAllah things will work out well.

 
At October 28, 2006, Blogger UmmBadier said...

Asalamu Walaikum Uhkti,
Alhumdiallah I am so happy for your family. I have thought of you often and your comment against homeschooling. It saddened me so deeply that such a seemingly striving Muslimah did not have the desire to do this for her family...though I know that was Allah's will...I am so, so happy for you and thankful to Allah. Please contact me if you need anything. I LOVE homeschooling and know that for many it is not something they want to do but rather a necessity.

 

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home

Search in the Quran
Search:
Download | Free Code
www.SearchTruth.com
Locations of visitors to this page